Monday, March 25, 2013

Rescheduled Zikr Allah - March 30,2013, 7:30 pm



This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things. 
Qu'ran 22:6 Yusuf Ali translation




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You came suddenly like resurrection,
like an infinite blessing
and my thoughts burned like trees on fire.
You came today like God Himself,
generous and full of grace,
holding the key to my freedom in your hands.
Both traveller and the road,
the beginning and the end,
You are the gatekeeper of the Sun.
For so long I have lived in pain, suspended
between my longing and my need for bread.
Now that You have risen in my heart
and taken over my thoughts,
I am breaking the pen and leaving the paper.

My Sun has risen.

-- Translated by Azima Melita Kolin
and Maryam Mafi
Rumi: Hidden Music
HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Join the Columbus Sufi Circle
Come break the pen and leave the paper
Zikr Allah, poetry,
followed by sohbet, sweets.
Saturday, March 30, 7:30 pm
Zawiyya al Mu'min
1000 Urlin Avenue, # 1507
Columbus, Ohio 43212


Contact Hilal at 614-446-3337 or hilal1001@sbcglobal.net for more information


No comments: