Saturday, December 15, 2012

Last reminder - and potluck announcement -
tomorrow we celebrate Rumi's Urs.

We'd also like to announce a potluck supper to follow,
please join us and bring whatever you'd like,
or nothing but your own sweet spirit. 
Sorry for the late notice,
see you tomorrow at 5:30
Insha'allah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometime during the night of December 17, 1273( Sunday, 
Jumâda 'l-âkhir 5, A.H. 672 in the Islamic lunar calendar)
 Mevlana Jelaladdin Rumi died, wedded with the Beloved
Like many Sufi gatherings throughout the world, the Columbus Sufi circle will be celebrating the wedding of this master who inspires us still.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O Sky, don't revolve without me!
O moon, do not shine without me!
O earth, do not go without me!
O Time, do not go without me!
This world is enchanted by you,
that world is enchanted by you
Don't stay without me in this world!
Don't go to that world without me!
Your face, yonder radiant moon
makes lucid and lights our night
I'm only the night, you're the moon . . .
Don't go to the spheres without me!
The rose, she is kind to the thorn
and she protects him from fire
Look, you are the rose, I'm the thorn!
Don't go to your home without me!


Ghazal (Ode) 2195

 -- Translation by Annemarie Schimmel
"Look! This is Love - Poems of Rumi"
Shambhala, 1991

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please join the Columbus Sufi Circle 
to revolve, to shine
to whirl and chant and read
 and eat sweet morsels and drink tea 
and talk in commemoration
of Mevlana

5:30 pm at Zawiyya al Mu'min
1000 Urlin Avenue, Apartment 1507
Grandview Heights OH 43212
Bring your favorite Rumi poem, 
your whirling clothes, 
potluck supper, sweets
 tea, conversation
contact Hilal at 614-446-3337 or hilal1001@sbcglobal.net for more information 
 

No comments: